Monday, November 23, 2009

Home Sweet Home

So, here I am again, a return to my blog after a long hiatus. I could say that I have been busy, but that would be a lie. I just haven't felt like blogging.


Things have been good though. Jason and I made a trip home. Three weeks for me and almost two for Jason. Part of his trip was in Washington D.C. for work. We had a great time at home though. We got to meet three new little girls...all born in the past year after we left. One of them, Emma, is the newest addition to the Ison family. She was born in February, barely a month after we arrived in Hawaii. She is a cutie! And then we met Madeline and Lexi. Both are absolute dolls, too.

Jason and I were thankful to find that home was still "home". We loved our short visits in Lexington, which mainly consisted of eating, visiting, and trips to and from the airport. And, being in Letcher County with our parents was fantastic as well. It was very relaxing and felt so normal.

It wasn't as hard to come back to Hawaii as I thought it would be, but whether I want it to be or not, this is my home for now. And it was nice to get back to my bed and my "stuff". I just wish my bed and "stuff" were located a wee bit closer to my old KY home.

No comments: